Monday, May 01, 2006

Second Invoice

The big problem with freelance photography (freelance anything for that matter) is waiting to get paid. Some jobs it takes me almost 6 months to get paid. Frequently I will have already paid assistants and stylists from my pocket then I have to wait months to get paid. It makes me want to focus more on weddings. The nice thing about weddings is you get a deposit and then the balance on the wedding day. What could be better?

Last week I sent out three invoices and already two of them have come back. So nice. I don't usually get that fast of a responce. It is hard to have money and know that I can't spend it. Must save for the skinny times that are to come. I want to save enough that I can not get paid for 3 months and still be a-ok.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eccentric Cycles said...

From my consulting days, I recall that Dell was the worst about this. They were "net 90", but they didn't start counting until the beginning of the next quarter after you'd delivered on the contract. So, you could be out of pocket on a gig for up to six months after completing the work, which was generally several months worth of billing. Feh!

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home