Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Closet

My friend bradley wanted me to help him with his 5 x 7 piece for Arthouse. My plan was to use my drymount press and matt cutter to affix his photo to his board. In my shining moment of arty helpfulness I couldn't get my press and cutter to work perfectly. The press would work if I had a tacking iron, and the matt cutter would have worked if i hadn't been using it wrong. So - the one time I've actually need that silly cutter and the press I couldn't get them to work ... so i decided i didn't really need them. I listed them on craigslist. Someone came to pick up the drymount press yesturday. Today I needed to use my matt cutter so I spent more time figuring it out. Turns out it works great and I think I will end up using it more in the futurue. Problem is I had already told someone they could come look at it - even though they didn't want to pay full price for it. So I sent him an email a few hours before he was supposed to come and I tried calling the number he had given me, but it didn't work.

I'd almost forgotten he was coming over and I was watching this fun video about Colbert. Then I hear pounding on my door. POUNDING not knocking. Instead of getting the door and just telling the guy the matt cutter was no longer availabe I hid in my closet. I could still hear the funny video and I felt pretty silly sitting on the floor of my closet. The guy left after pounding on the window and slamming the screen door. Next time I'll handle things differently. :) he did send me this email which made me feel pretty guilty.

"May the fleas of a thousand
camels infest your armpits."

Next time I'll do the right thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home